2.3 million passengers at Abu Dhabi International Airport in August
In August 2016, Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH) welcomed 2.3 million passengers, marking an increase of 2.3% compared to August 2015.
Since the beginning of the year, passenger traffic has grown 6.2% from the same period last year, with 16,422,763 passengers between January 1 and August 31.
· Total arrivals numbered 1,119,616, signifying a 2.3% increase.
· Passenger traffic to India grew 14.3% on 2015, maintaining its position as the top destination, with 378,675 passengers throughout August.
· Passengers to the UK totaled 153,208, representing a 4.2% increase compared to August 2015.
· Saudi Arabia rose to become the fourth busiest destination, with traffic to and from the country increasing by 12.3%, largely due to the high volume of pilgrims traveling for Hajj.
· Passenger traffic to and from Egypt rose 26.6%, impacted by Etihad’s introduction of thrice-daily flights, and Egypt Air’s increased service of 13 flights per week.